Suppliers and Design/Builders of fabricated structural steel, steel erection, and miscellaneous iron for commercial, industrial, institutional and retail buildings.
We are currently seeking a full-time drafter/detailer with the following qualifications who is willing and able to accept the responsibilities outlined below. This is an opportunity for an exciting career using your drafting/detailing skills to be involved with the construction of steel structures and collaborating with in-house engineers.
- 2-3 years of experience as a detailer completing framing plans and fabrication details for steel buildings.
- Minimum AS Engineering degree.
- Must be well-versed and experienced with AutoCAD.
- Experience with SDS/2 software and/or 3D drafting would be a plus.
- MS Word and Excel experience required.
- Ability to work in a team environment in a professional manner.
- Ability to visualize, sort out, and clarify framing situations from contract documents.
- Ability to solve complex steel detailing issues.
- Must be strong-willed, organized, and well-spoken.
- Create plans of steel framing for commercial buildings from concept to completion.
- Detail steel framing components accurately and with structural soundness.
- Create solutions in a design/build environment.
- Create structural plans for foundations, CMU, metal studs, and other structural components in conjunction with steel framing plans and sections.
All the above in collaboration with the Structural Systems engineering and management teams, detailers, fabricators, erectors, architects, engineers, building owners, and the construction team in a professional manner.
401K, Life, Medical, and Vision